Available Positions at the Cinemark Home Office
Motion Graphics Intern
Cinemark Theatres is seeking a Motion Graphics Intern this spring (February - May 2014).
As a part of the Cinemark advertising team in the in-house Marketing department, the intern will assist with design and production work for a variety of print and digital media. Projects may include motion graphics design for online, point-of-sale and on-screen advertising; daily updates within the video content delivery system; web design of banners and landing pages; and other advertising design projects as assigned. The ideal candidate will be eager to develop a wide skillset.
Location: Plano, TX
Salary Range: Paid
Employment Type: Intern - Part Time, Applicant must participate 20+ hours per week
Schedule: Between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm, Monday through Friday
Department: Marketing and Advertising
Start date: February 2014
Duration of internship: 4 months
• Hands-on participation in working with a professional, in-house design team
• Work on highly visible projects, for both individual markets and nationwide use
• Apply classroom theories to "real world" situations
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or graduate/Master's degree program in a design-related field
• Students must be at a junior or senior level
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) and Microsoft Office on a PC platform
• Motion graphics experience with After Effects
• 3D generalist with modeling and animating experience (preferably with Blender)
• Critical attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Proactive, will find solutions, ask questions, and take ownership of assigned projects
• Must adhere to company values: professionalism, positive attitude, and quality
• Web design experience using Photoshop
• Ability to code valid XHTML and CSS by hand
To apply, email resume, cover letter, and a portfolio/reel via URL format to email@example.com with "Graphic Design Internship" in the subject line. You must submit your portfolio/reel to be considered for this internship.
Financial Analyst – Domestic Operations
Summary: This position will provide financial analysis and reporting for domestic operations, and reports to the senior team member.
- Primary analytical areas of responsibilities are:
- Concession revenues
- Concession costs
- Budget template creation, evolution and management
- Prepare accurate, meaningful and actionable financial and operational reports and analysis for management, both periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) and ad hoc.
- Assist in design and maintenance of concession sales database in Essbase and CNK data warehouse.
- Identify trends, issues and indicators of future performance.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing financial models.
- Bachelor Degree required. Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting a plus.
- Theatre operations experience as an Assistant Manager level or above, or related experience particularly in the food and beverage industry, is a plus.
- Advanced level of MS Excel experience (4 years).
- Detail oriented
- Quality work product and accuracy required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving and research abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask and meet report deadlines.
- Strong communication and persuasive skills, oral and written.
- Basic knowledge of financial concepts, procedures and practices.
- Team player.
- Essbase, SQL, OLAP, or multi-dimensional database experience a plus.
- Experience in database maintenance, design or queries a plus.
*Please note: Resumes submitted without
salary requirements or specifying that salary is "negotiable" or
"open" will not be forwarded to the hiring manager for
Please, no phone calls!
For immediate consideration please
email or fax (972-665-1007) your response to:
Cinemark USA, Inc.
Attn: (The position applying for)
3900 Dallas Parkway, Suite 500
Plano, TX 75093