Available Positions at the Cinemark Home Office
Cinemark is the leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 513 theatres and 5,796 screens in the U.S. and Latin America as of December 31st, 2015. We focus on creating the experience for our guest and employees. This commitment is a part of our classic culture to bring our film, food, and fun to our customers. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and career opportunities for advancement.
We are currently looking for a Design Coordinator to join the Design & Construction department. The ideal candidate will be able to work on creative solutions for a variety of projects at existing facilities and new theatres.
• Coordinate multiple projects with outside architectural firms, key vendors and Project Managers
• Prepare basic CAD drawings and renderings
• Review architectural plans
• Assist with remodel drawings for smaller projects
• Develop and maintain a Scope of Work for new projects
• Select color schemes and finish materials
• Make site visits as required
• Bachelor's degree in architecture or design
• Organized, motivated and works well in a team environment
• Good communication skills
• 5-10 years' experience
• Proficient in Autocad and 3D modeling
• Proficient in Excel and Word
Please download the questionnaire and send along with your resume.
This position is responsible for supporting the complete tax cycle of Cinemark. This individual will work under the direction of several department managers and will be responsible for federal and state tax return compliance, audit defense, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and quarterly estimates. This position will be involved in various special projects.
- Prepare US corporate and partnership income tax returns, various state income tax returns and US reporting of foreign operations
- Prepare sales and use tax returns
- Assist in the gathering of data for various tax audits
- Prepare quarterly estimated state income tax payments and extensions
- Handle special projects as required
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 2 years of tax experience preferably in the corporate income tax area with a CPA firm
At this level, one must possess the following skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously through to successful completion
- Firm understanding of financial accounting practices
- Ability to interact effectively with members of the accounting, finance and tax departments
- Superior work ethic and dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity, accountability and team work
- Good problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills are also required
Please download the questionnaire and submit along with your resume.
Theater Advertising Systems Support Administrator
The Theater Advertising Systems Support Administrator role requires a mixture of technical skills and business ability. The Theater Advertising Systems Support Administrator will be a key member of the Advertising and Pre-Show Support Team in the Theater Technology department. This position will be responsible for helping the department research and develop technical solutions to meet FLIX Media's business needs in Latin America. This position will also provide advanced technical support to internal and external entities as they relate to developed solutions. This position will also be responsible for root cause analysis, testing, and integration of Theater Advertising equipment for all FLIX Media customers. This involves the investigation of escalated issues and determination of a short term work around and long term resolution for the issue. This position will be responsible for documenting all issues and providing documentation and training for the support center and FLIX media customers.
This position will be responsible for working with software and hardware vendors on issues and enhancements required to meet current and future needs of Theater Technology, FLIX Media, and Theater Operations in Latin America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for providing support for the Advertising and
Pre-Show solution for all FLIX Media customers. This involves the
Pre-Show's technical equipment interacting with the theaters
Digital Cinema projectors, Digital Cinema Servers, sound
processors, dimmers (lighting), etc.
• Ensure that all projects are implemented on time, within specification and do not impact the theater operation.
• Investigate issues and recommend corrective action with the software applications utilized by the Theater Operations.
• Capture all issues and provide documentation for future software versions.
• Provide regular reporting on outstanding issues with software (bugs) and hardware to management and vendors.
• Provide documentation on new functionality when software or hardware updates are released.
• Provide training for support center, Theater Technology staff, and FLIX media customers on FLIX Media Advertising, Pre-Show Equipment and implementation.
• Provide support (3rd level) to the support center for escalated issues on FLIX Media equipment. This will include after-hours escalations from time to time and require on-call time.
• Must be available to assist in emergencies
• Required to travel as needed
• Carry a cell phone and be available for emergency systems support.
• Work with the customer networking teams to evaluate and add new ACL changes to the networking infrastructure as needed. This requires an understanding TCP/IP and security to request specific port level access changes to allow new applications to function across the LAN and WAN.
• Required to perform any other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows (server and client
versions) and Linux OS.
• Basic knowledge of Android OS would be considered an asset but is not required.
• Basic knowledge of Data networking products and networked equipment that include routers and switches is considered an asset but is not required.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema systems would be considered an asset but is not required.
• Understanding of Media creation and file formats (codecs, compression, etc.).
• Ability to facilitate solutions in a fast paced, complex technology, and business environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills; be seen as a peer and advisor to other technical people in the department.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Excellent decision-making skills to determine the most appropriate solutions
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
• Fluent in English - Speaking, reading/writing
• Fluent in Spanish - Speaking, reading/writing
• Fluent in Portuguese - Speaking, reading/writing would be considered an asset but is not required
• An understanding of Theater Operations would be considered an asset but is not required
• 1-2 years of related work experience in the IT or a related technology field.
• 1-2 years of "technical" experience specifically dealing with WANs and LANs, Internet/IP, and networking hardware (hubs, routers, switches)
• Experience in identifying and understanding technical/business needs and translating them into viable integrated solutions
Please download the questionnaire and submit along with your resume.
Learn more about Cinemark:
At Cinemark, "We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, one Guest at a time". If you join us you will become part of that experience and help us continue to develop our greatest asset, our People.
Our core values include:
* Do the Right Thing. Act with honesty and integrity.
* Passion for People. Respect and care for each other, our Guests, Communities and Partners.
* Safety. Provide a safe environment for our Employees and Guests.
* Performance Excellence. Strive to be the best in what you do.
* Ownership. Empower our people to make decisions and take responsibility.
Please, no phone calls!
For immediate consideration please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Cinemark USA, Inc.
Attn: (The position applying for)
3900 Dallas Parkway, Suite 500
Plano, TX 75093