Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Entrants who are minors in their place of residence must have consent from their parent or legal guardian to participate. Employees of Cinemark USA, Inc., Alliance Connection, Inc., AIC Hotel Group, LLC, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana / Inversiones Zahena, S.A., Merkle Inc., and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies (“Promotion Entities”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win the prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and are not subject to appeal. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Administrator/Sponsor: Cinemark USA, Inc., 3900 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. For methods 4(a)-4(c), a standard General Admission Ticket includes any ticket type available on Cinemark.com or through the Cinemark App excluding Cinemark Private Watch Party purchases (“standard General Admission Ticket”). To earn the maximum number of entries for methods 4(a)-4(c), you must purchase at least one (1) standard General Admission ticket for five (5) individual showtimes to any available movie during the Promotion Period.
a. Enter by Purchasing Ticket Through the Cinemark App With Account: During the Promotion Period, if you do not yet have the Cinemark App (the “App”), using your mobile device, download the App from Google Play or the App Store. The App is free but subject to the terms and conditions described within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore data rates may apply.
Then, via the App, register or log into your Cinemark Rewards account (“Account”) and follow the links and instructions to purchase at least one (1) standard General Admission Ticket for a movie with an available showtime during the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). Next, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Paid Movie Club Account members will receive two (2) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying Purchase. Paid Movie Club Platinum Account members will receive three (3) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying purchase, subject to the limit below.
b. Enter by Purchasing Ticket at Cinemark.com With Account: During the Promotion Period, log into your Account online at https://www.cinemark.com/Membership/SignIn and follow the links and instructions to make a Qualifying Purchase. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Paid Movie Club Account members will receive two (2) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying Purchase. Paid Movie Club Platinum Account members will receive three (3) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying purchase, subject to the limit below.
c. Enter by Purchasing Ticket At Theater With Account: During the Promotion Period, at a participating Cinemark theater, make a Qualifying Purchase and provide your Account info at checkout by either (i) scanning the QR code in your Account; (iii) providing your phone number associated with your Account; or (iii) providing your email address associated with your Account. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Paid Movie Club Account members will receive two (2) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying Purchase. Paid Movie Club Platinum Account members will receive three (3) Sweepstakes entries for each Qualifying purchase, subject to the limit below.
d. Enter By Mail: To enter without using the App or purchasing a ticket, print your name, mailing address, phone number associated with your Account, the email address associated with your Account, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Cinemark’s Island Escape Getaway Sweepstakes,” c/o Merkle Inc., P.O. Box 5021, Department 859850, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5021. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by January 2, 2024 and received by January 9, 2024. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter fifteen (15) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner(s) may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and are not subject to appeal. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around January 16, 2024. Potential winner will be notified by email. The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner of the prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If the potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and three (3) guests to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Trip package includes four (4) airfare flight credits of up to $500 per person (one for winner and each guest); four (4) nights' all-inclusive accommodations at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana for two (2) adults and two (2) children (12 years old and under). Room will be booked in the standard room category. Accommodations, meals, gratuities, beverages (alcoholic & nonalcoholic), and entertainment are included. Transfers and tours are not included. There exists an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By traveling, winner and winner’s guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Winner must complete the trip within one (1) year from the drawing date or prize will be forfeited. Reservation requests must be submitted in writing with a copy of the prize certificate issued no more than 60 days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates including holidays and special events. Prize may not be used during Holiday weeks (5 days prior or after), nor can it be used during Dec. 15th- Jan. 15th. Prize may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, or promotions. Travel must be round trip. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, tours or excursions, specialty meals or meals off resort, incidentals, additional gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winner and travel companions are responsible for complying with any COVID-19 requirements set forth by airline, rental car vendor, hotels, excursion and event venues or other vendors offering services that are part of the trip prize. Failure to comply with any required COVID-19 requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize of elements of the prize. Forfeiture of any aspect of the trip due to failure to meet these requirements will not impact the value of the trip as reported on an IRS Form 1099. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Credit will not be given on any unused portions of this certificate. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible if any portion of the prize is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,800.00. Actual value may vary based on room rate fluctuations. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and ARV.
All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize does not include any additional guests or extra room nights, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, widespread illnesses, pandemics, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, please click here. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2023 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Inc., Google Inc., or their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not any of the Third Parties. You hereby release, to the full extent permitted by law, the Third Parties from all liability related to the Sweepstakes. Questions and comments regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor and not to the Third Parties.