Cinemark’s Free Popcorn For A Year Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Cinemark’s Free Popcorn For A Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Cinemark USA, Inc., Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Cinemark USA, Inc., 3900 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 1/4/22 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 1/31/22 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
a. Enter through the Cinemark Movie Rewards Program: Login to your Cinemark Movie Rewards account online at https://www.cinemark.com/movie-rewards or through the Cinemark Mobile App (the "App") using a web-enabled device. The App and Cinemark Movie Rewards are free but subject to the terms and conditions described within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore data rates may apply. Follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter the Cinemark’s Free Popcorn For A Year Sweepstakes by redeeming fifteen (15) rewards points. Next, complete and submit the registration form including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Enter By Mail: To enter without becoming a member of the Cinemark Movie Rewards program, using the App or redeeming Cinemark Movie Rewards loyalty points, print your name, mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Cinemark’s Free Popcorn For A Year Sweepstakes,” c/o Merkle Inc., P.O. Box 5011, Department 847988, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5011. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by 2/1/2022 and received by 2/8/2022. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter ten (10) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Cinemark Movie Rewards account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around 2/15/22. The potential winner will be notified by email. If the potential winner entered through Method 4a above, he/she will be required to provide his/her mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent into order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, his/her eligibility cannot be verified, he/she fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner forfeits the prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: TWENTY (20) GRAND PRIZES: One (1) free year of popcorn awarded as 26 large popcorn coupons. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $208.
Expires 1/31/2023. Each coupon is valid for one item only. One coupon per transaction. Coupon code and barcode must be visible. Free items can be upgraded to larger sizes by paying the difference. Coupon offer valid with Annual Refillable Drink Cup and Popcorn Tub when applicable. Not valid with any other promotional plastic vessels, any discounted item, or combo. No cash value or exchanges. Not valid for resale. Coupons not valid with Alcoholic Beverages.
All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Limit: One (1) prize. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Merkle Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, widespread illnesses, pandemics, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Winner List: For a winner list, please email [email protected] The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Inc., Google Inc., or their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not any of the Third Parties. You hereby release, to the full extent permitted by law, the Third Parties from all liability related to the Sweepstakes. Questions and comments regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor and not to the Third Parties.