To follow our last two popcorn recipes, Hot Cocoa Popcorn Squares and Chocolate-Drizzled Popcorn, we've got a new popcorn treat designed just for Saint Patrick's Day — or for any time you want a combination of salty and sweet in one fantastic rainbow-decorated snack.
Watch the Video Recipe!
Here's the recipe in text form:
Cinemark's Pot of Gold Popcorn Recipe
— 6 Cups Pack-a-Pop Popcorn
— 1 cup white chocolate
— 8 drops of green food coloring
— 2 tablespoons golden sprinkles
— 1/2 bag (3oz) Airheads Xtremes Bites
You'll need a baking sheet, tin foil, a sealable plastic bag, and scissors.
Follow these steps:
1. Line the baking sheet with foil.
2. Spread popcorn evenly over the sheet.
3. Pour the white chocolate into a plastic bag, and close the seal.
4. Add green food coloring to the bag.
5. Microwave the bag for 20 seconds, then knead to make sure all chocolate is fully melted and the coloring is mixed in.
6. Cut a very small corner off the bottom of the white chocolate bag and drizzle over popcorn.
7. White the white chocolate is still warm, scatter the sprinkles mixture over the popcorn.
8. Finish with the Airheads Bites for a colorful rainbow touch!
Want to learn the history of movie popcorn?