Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes
Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Cinemark USA, Inc., Focus Features LLC (“Focus”), Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Cinemark USA, Inc., 3900 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 5/23/22 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 6/5/22 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
- How To Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Enter by purchasing ticket through the Cinemark app with account: During the Promotion Period, if you do not yet have the Cinemark App (the “App”), using your mobile device, download the App from Google Play or the App Store. The App is free but subject to the terms and conditions described within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore data rates may apply. Then, via the App, register or log into your Cinemark Rewards account (“Account”) and follow the links and instructions to purchase at least one (1) standard General Admission Ticket for the movie “Downton Abbey: A New Era” (“Qualifying Purchase). Next, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
- Enter by purchasing ticket at Cinemark.com with account: During the Promotion Period, log into your Account online at https://www.cinemark.com/Membership/SignIn and follow the links and instructions to make a Qualifying Purchase. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
- Enter by purchasing ticket at theatre with account: During the Promotion Period, at a participating Cinemark theater, make a Qualifying Purchase and provide your Account info at checkout by either (i) scanning the QR code in your Account; (iii) providing your phone number associated with your Account; or (iii) providing your email address associated with your Account. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter “Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
- Enter by mail: To enter without using the App or purchasing a ticket, print your name, mailing address, phone number associated with your Account, the email address associated with your Account, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Cinemark’s Downton Abbey: A New Era Signed Script Sweepstakes,” c/o Merkle Inc., P.O. Box 5046, Department 852772, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by June 5, 2022 and received by June 10, 2022. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner(s) may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around 6/17/22. Each potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner entered through Method 4a above, he/she will be required to provide his/her mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent into order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, his/her eligibility cannot be verified, he/she fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) signed script of the motion picture “Downton Abbey: A New Era” (the “Script”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $300.
All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Merkle Inc., Focus Features LLC (“Focus”), and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, please email [email protected]. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2022 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Inc., Google Inc., or their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not any of the Third Parties. You hereby release, to the full extent permitted by law, the Third Parties from all liability related to the Sweepstakes. Questions and comments regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor and not to the Third Parties.
Downton Abbey: A New Era © 2022 Focus Features LLC. All rights reserved.