Cinemark’s Pandora Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes
Cinemark’s Ultimate Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Cinemark’s Ultimate Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the lower forty-eight (48) United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residence (whichever is older) at the time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each, and persons residing in such immediate family members' household) of Cinemark USA, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, 20th Century Studios, Inc., Merkle, Inc., and their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotional, fulfillment and web design agencies of any of them, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Cinemark USA, Inc., 3900 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75093. Administrator: Merkle, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 12, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. For methods 4(a)-4(c), a standard General Admission Ticket includes any ticket type available on Cinemark.com or through the Cinemark App excluding Cinemark Private Watch Party purchases.
Cinemark Rewards Account holders will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry by purchasing at least one (1) standard General Admission Ticket (herein a “Ticket”) for the movie “AVATAR” (2009) and two (2) entries for purchasing at least one (1) Ticket for the movie “AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER” (2022). By purchasing at least one (1) Ticket for both movies, you will automatically receive ten (10) Sweepstakes entries.
a. Enter by Purchasing Ticket Through the Cinemark App With Account: During the Promotion Period, if you do not yet have the Cinemark App (the “App”), using your mobile device, download the App from Google Play or the App Store. The App is free but subject to the terms and conditions described within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore data rates may apply.
Then, via the App, register or log into your Cinemark Rewards account (“Account”) and follow the links and instructions to purchase at least one (1) Ticket for the movie “AVATAR” or “AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER” (each a “Qualifying Purchase”). Next, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter the “Ultimate Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive the applicable number of entries into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
b. Enter by Purchasing Ticket at Cinemark.com With Account: During the Promotion Period, log into your Account online at https://www.cinemark.com/Membership/SignIn and follow the links and instructions to make a Qualifying Purchase. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter the “Ultimate Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive the applicable number of entries into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
c. Enter by Purchasing Ticket At Theater With Account: During the Promotion Period, at a participating Cinemark theater, make a Qualifying Purchase and provide your Account info at checkout by either (i) scanning the QR code in your Account; (iii) providing your phone number associated with your Account; or (iii) providing your email address associated with your Account. Then, follow the links and instructions to access the Cinemark Movie Rewards Reward Center and elect to enter the “Ultimate Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes” by completing and submitting the registration form, including your name and valid email address, and you automatically will receive the applicable number of entries into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit below.
d. Enter By Mail: To enter without becoming a member of the Cinemark Movie Rewards program, using the App, or redeeming Cinemark Movie Rewards loyalty points, print your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Cinemark Pandora Dream Prize Package Sweepstakes,” c/o Merkle, Inc., P.O. Box 5021, Department 854695, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5021. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by December 31, 2022 and received by January 6, 2023. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter up to ten (10) times per person during the Promotion Period, regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Cinemark Movie Rewards account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawing: Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around January 13, 2022. The potential winner will be notified by email. The potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date/time notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide the Declaration or any other requested information within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to São Miguel Island, Azores, Portugal.
- Roundtrip economy / coach flights (inclusive of all applicable airport taxes, fees, and duties) from select major international airports in the country where the Recipients all reside to Ponta Delgada Airport, São Miguel, the Azores, flights may be indirect and not all routings will be available, flight itinerary will be determined by prize provider at their sole discretion;
- Accommodations for five nights in one double occupancy room for two adults in an eco-resort with daily breakfast in São Miguel, the Azores;
- The trip must include a Saturday night stay;
- Accommodations do not include any other meals, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip, will be the responsibility of the Recipients;
- A credit card for incidentals may be requested by the hotel at check in and therefore at least one of the Recipients must possess and travel with a valid credit card;
- Accommodations will be selected by Element London Ltd at their sole discretion;
- Prize Package is for up to 2 adults, all of whom must travel at the same time with the same itinerary;
- At least one traveler must be aged 21 or over; where any travelers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission;
- Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification and all travel must be completed within that time;
- Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates in three separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure;
- Prize cannot be taken over Christmas, New Year’s, or Public Holidays in the prize package destination or the country of departure;
- All recipients must be in a possession of a valid passport for the duration of the trip. Non-European Union passport holders may be required to have passport validity for six months beyond the duration of the trip. All recipients are responsible for obtaining any other documentation required for travel to and entry to the prize package destination; All travelers will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel;
- Any necessary visas or insurance are the responsibility of the winner and guests;
- For car rental, the named driver must be aged 21 or over, with a full clean driving license, any drivers aged 25 or under, or with less than three years’ driving experience, may need to pay a supplementary cost for car rental, a valid credit card in the name of the named driver will be required for security deposit purposes when renting the car;
- The prize excludes domestic ground transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, visas, personal expenses, and anything not expressly stated in the prize package;
- Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; no cash alternative is available;
- Prize is subject to availability;
- Winner travels at own risk and reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion or prize;
- Where applicable, any modifications to the prize will be at the winner's own expense;
- The prize package inclusions are subject to availability, where any of the stated inclusions are unavailable, Element London Ltd will offer suitable alternatives of equal value;
- If winner is unable to participate in any of the stated activities, then Element London Ltd will offer suitable alternatives of equal value, alternative activities will be determined by prize provider at their sole discretion;
- The whale watching and Islet Vila Franca do Campo tour is available seasonally from June to Sept, if winner chooses to travel outside of these dates, they will be provided with an alternative tour of equal value, the minimum age is 8 years old;
- For the cycling and hiking tours, participants should have a moderate physical fitness level, the minimum age for the hiking tour is 6 years old, the minimum recommended age for the cycling tour is 2 years old;
- All tours and experiences will be conducted in English or Portuguese;
- Nothing in this travel package authorizes any person to use the Walt Disney Company's and its affiliated companies (collectively, "Disney") name, brand, intellectual property, characters, or reputation in conjunction with this travel package or any prize promotions whatsoever and that a valid promotional agreement with Disney is a precondition for use of this prize package in association with Disney's name or Disney-owned intellectual property;
- The Walt Disney Company, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of the travel package or sweepstakes;
- The Walt Disney Company is not a so-called “sponsor,” “administrator” or “prize provider.” The Walt Disney Company, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, illnesses, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or are in any way related to the prize travel package, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize travel package, or prize-related activity including, without limitation, travel, the promotion, the competition, the contest or the sweepstakes;
- The prize recipients and their guests are solely responsible, at their own cost, for staying updated on and complying with any of the latest COVID-19 restrictions.
- Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Approximate Retail Value: $8,220.00.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, The Walt Disney Company, 20th Century Studios, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, please email [email protected]. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2022 Merkle, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with The Walt Disney Company or 20th Century Studios, Inc (collectively the “Third Parties”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not any of the Third Parties. You hereby release, to the full extent permitted by law, the Third Parties from all liability related to the Sweepstakes. Questions and comments regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor and not to the Third Parties.