Over the last few months we've enjoyed cooking up sweet popcorn recipes such as Hot Cocoa Popcorn Squares, Chocolate-Drizzled Popcorn, and Pot 'o Gold Popcorn. Now we're offering up a savory treat that combines popcorn with the flavors of eloté — often known in the US as Mexican street corn. Here's our recipe for Eloté Popcorn.
Watch the Video Recipe!
Here are the steps of the recipe in printed form:
Cinemark's Eloté Popcorn Recipe
— 6 Cups Pack-a-Pop Popcorn
— 2 tablespoons butter
— 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
— 1 teaspoon Tajín seasoning
— 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
— (optional) Pinch of cayenne pepper
You'll need one large bowl and one small bowl, and a spatula will also be handy.
Follow these steps:
1. Melt the butter in a small bowl on low power in the microwave. (Or on the stovetop over low heat if you prefer.)
2. In the large bowl, toss the popcorn and melted butter.
3. Add the teaspoon of Tajín and toss to coat.
4. Add the grated Pecorino-Romano cheese and toss to combine.
5. Add the cilantro and toss to combine.
6. If you like, sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper over the mixture before eating.
Want to learn the history of movie popcorn?