We've enjoyed cooking up tasty popcorn recipes so much (Hot Cocoa Popcorn Squares, Chocolate-Drizzled Popcorn, and Pot 'o Gold Popcorn) that we've gone back into the test kitchen to create a new treat! This one is perfect for Easter and Springtime, and it spotlights a classic flavor combination. Here's our recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn.
Watch the Video Recipe!
Here are all the steps of the recipe in printed form:
Cinemark's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe
— 10 Cups Pack-a-Pop Popcorn
— 1/2 cup grape jelly
— 1/2 cup peanut butter
— 2 tablespoons butter
— 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
— 1 cup powdered sugar
You'll need 2 large bowls, 2 small bowls, 2 baking sheets, tin foil, and a couple of spoons or spatulas.
Follow these steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 280.
2. Divide popcorn into two large bowls.
3. Line each baking sheet with tin foil.
4. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, 1 Tbsp butter, and 1Tbsp granulated sugar. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted. (Or use a small saucepan over low heat on the stovetop.)
5. In the other small bowl, combine grape jelly, 1 Tbsp butter, and 1Tbsp granulated sugar. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted. (Or use a small saucepan over low heat on the stovetop.)
6. Pour the jelly mix over one bowl of popcorn. Fold evenly to coat.
7. Spread the jelly-coated popcorn into one prepared baking sheet.
8. Pour peanut butter mixture over the other bowl of popcorn. Fold evenly to coat.
9. Spread peanut butter-coated popcorn into the other prepared baking sheet.
10. Place both baking sheets into the 28-degree oven for 8 min. Remove from oven, stir each pan, bake for another 8 minutes.
11. Let the popcorn cool. Wash or wipe out the two large bowls.
12. Separate popcorn into the two large bowls.
13. Pour half of the powdered sugar over each bowl of cooled popcorn. Toss to coat.
14. Combine the two popcorns, and enjoy!
Want to learn the history of movie popcorn?